Monday, August 13, 2007

Safaricom against prepaid subscribers?

If you were to ask me to vote the company with the worst customer care service, I would not hesitate in selecting Safaricom, Kenya's largest mobile phone provider and the most profitable business in East Africa.

For the whole of the weekend, it has been an exercise in futility trying to reach their customer care desk through the designated 100 support line for prepaid subscribers. And today, trying to call their landline on 020-427 3272 is equally more frustrating, with the service provided by their staff leaving a lot to be desired of such a company.

What I have been trying to request for was activation of my line so as to enable me use GPRS to access the Internet. For reasons given to me, and which I found to be unacceptable, was their system seems to have 'decided' to lose my settings, whatever that was. Try and call their line and mention that you are prepaid, you get patched through to their customer care department that behaves like the 100 call line. No service plenty of lip service.

After my 10th attempt today, I have resigned to the fact that there is no assistance forthcoming from them.

What a better option! Wish they had that good and reliable customer care of Celtel, who unfortunately seem to always get their tariffs wrong with hidden charges.

Where is the third option for us Kenyans with our peculiar calling habits?


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cloud computing will be a gold mine in the post-COVID era

Companies needed to embrace change as the COVID-19 pandemic brought new challenges and continues to have a multi-sector impact on nations, b...